Welcome to the Litigation Professional's Forum!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Sign in to follow this  
John Gore

Stream video over internet

Hi john, 

Do you by chance use VMix to capture live at depo's?  If you do, you can enable the stream feature as you are capturing.  VMix plays very nicely with Zoom.  Zoom will recognize the VMix stream as a source.  It works like a champ, use it all the time.  Hope this helps.

Jeremy

Hi john, 

Do you by chance use VMix to capture live at depo's?  If you do, you can enable the stream feature as you are capturing.  VMix plays very nicely with Zoom.  Zoom will recognize the VMix stream as a source.  It works like a champ, use it all the time.  Hope this helps.

Jeremy

I do not use vmix. In fact I have never streamed depo video before so do not have relevant software/hardware. I am looking to adapt for that capability. Thx

Sent from my iPhone using the LitPro Forum App!

John, you need two things:

1) a way to connect the camera to a computer

2) an application to connect the video to the internet.

There are small hardware devices that take the SDI or HDMI stream from your camera and convert it to look like a webcam to a computer. These products include the Magewell USB to HDMI or SDI capture, a AJA U-Tap, or an Osprey Video VB-UH-HD HDMI or SDI device. I'd suggest looking at SDI devices for your camera. Each of these (and there are others) do the heavy lifting on converting the video feed to something a computer can understand.

You would be will served to have a USB 3.0/3.1 port on your computer.

The second thing you need is a computer application that lets you enter an IP address into a setup screen to source your video stream to that IP address.

vMix or Adobe Flash Media Encoder can both do this. 

vMix is harder to setup. It's more stable. The Adobe FME is easier to setup. It's less stable. Why not try both and figure out which one works for you?

T