Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Avery Russell Gross

Additional Charges

3 posts in this topic

I haven't done this but have often thought about it. 

• Deposition locations where there are no handicapped facilities so I can't roll in with my cart full of gear. This is usually the case when law firms are housed in historic or private homes. 
  • After being set up on a ground floor, the Attorney requests a second-floor room be used (no elevator present) because they like it better. This has happened to me after I was all set up. 
  • Time and mileage wasted because the court reporting firm provided the wrong address on the assignment paperwork. (I'm not likely to charge for this as it would probably be the last time they would use me)
  • Same day turnaround of the completed project. (I try to get it out the same day anyway, but there are times they want it right away)

Any thoughts? 

Avery in Houston. 

On 1/16/2017 at 10:34 AM, Avery Russell Gross said:

I haven't done this but have often thought about it. 

• Deposition locations where there are no handicapped facilities so I can't roll in with my cart full of gear. This is usually the case when law firms are housed in historic or private homes. 
  • After being set up on a ground floor, the Attorney requests a second-floor room be used (no elevator present) because they like it better. This has happened to me after I was all set up. 
  • Time and mileage wasted because the court reporting firm provided the wrong address on the assignment paperwork. (I'm not likely to charge for this as it would probably be the last time they would use me)
  • Same day turnaround of the completed project. (I try to get it out the same day anyway, but there are times they want it right away)

Any thoughts? 

Avery in Houston. 

No handicapped facilities - part of the job.

Move setup - part of the job.

An error in paperwork - part of the job (you want them to charge you for your bad handwriting?)

Same day turnaround - Fedex isn't free, is it? Speed has value to the client, and same day turnaround pushes all other jobs back. It requires a premium.