Welcome to the Litigation Professional's Forum!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
John Gore

online delivery and archive

I need to begin using an online FTP or fileshare system for delivering and archiving video to clients.  I have been using dropbox in the interim, however i know there are options better suited.  what do you use?  cost?  

i would ideally like something that is user friendly to the client, and allows the client to acknowledge receipt.

thx!

Hi John,

I've used Hightail quite a bit. It's easy to use and has a professional look, but you will pay for it. It's also easy to password-protect the files to give you complete control who's able to access them. An email is sent out by you with an invitation to enter the password you chose, with a simple link to start the download process.

I used to SFTP the video files to server space that I rented, and then would send a link to "right-click" (or Apple-click on a Mac) to download the video files. Sounds easy, right? Although it was cheap on my end, I spent more time explaining the download process than I intended. You're dealing with many "non-techy" people on the other end. It has to be easy to save you time otherwise what's the point of sending files electronically?

Carry on....

Andy

https://www.hightail.com/

Hello Everyone.

I'm curious...  Since the original post was in 2016, have there been any other vendors or options come to the market that would be a good alternative to HighTail?