Welcome to the Litigation Professional's Forum!

Sign In or Create my Account to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.
Michael Wickham

How to get the PiP work?

I have the Training.  

I have the Kit.

Now how do I get the Lawers to actualy use it?

I emailed the court reporting firms, and all the Lawers that I have worked with in the past and stated that I am set up  with an ELMO, Projector, PiP Kit.

Still  waiting for them to contact me.

Also tell them about it when I do depositions.  

Michael

You've taken the right steps so far.

Now it is just going to take follow up. It would be a great idea to call some of the law firms that you work with and offer to demo PiP Deposition Video for them in their firm. Take a few documents or some media that you can show off just like you have seen of or heard of in PiP Depositions.

Picture in Picture is not an "everyday" thing. It's a once in a while thing, and there's cases that support it, and cases that don't support it.

You want to use it with exhibit intensive depositions that have the attorney wanting to record the exhibit on the deposition record. As long as you've done your homework and setup properly, a Picture-in-Picture exhibit recording will always be better than a zoomed in image, simply because the lighting is better, there are no other "things" in the way, and the exhibit will/should be in focus. 

So, when you sell it, don't sell it as a general use item. Sell it for specific cases where the exhibit is a critical element of the deposition.  You don't have to figure out what those cases are; your clients do. Right now, your clients don't know what they don't know. A simple show and tell gets them to the "I now know we can do this" mode.

Picture in Picture is an investment that has a multi-year payback. The likelihood of getting your money back out of it in one year is, quite frankly, slim. I got lucky - I got the return I needed on the system in one month.  I've not had a month like that one since.

Whenever you make an investment you take a chance it will never make a return or even recover the investment amount.

I do understand that P-i-P should not be used in all Depositions.  But I have been on plenty of them that I wish I had the equipment rather than:  record this video from my laptop or zoom in on the object and the worst is adjust to the projected image on the screen.

I will keep showing it off until things evolve to the point that the industry agrees that this is a better way to display.  I have it now and hope this produces some income for me.

Are you charging more for P-i-P?  Than for regular Depositions? 

Michael

On 7/31/2016 at 11:03 AM, Michael Wickham said:

Are you charging more for P-i-P?  Than for regular Depositions? 

Of course! You have invested in learning and equipment, and you work more than with a standard depo.

I know this an old thread but this is what I’ve been using for the last year - http://rushworks.tv/vdepo.htm

We also have an “old” set up with Elmo/ Roland/ Black magic set up.  On avg. we do about 10 PIP’s a month.  Once we get the clients hooked they continue to order the extra pip set up.